Posts tagged Online shopping
There’s just something special about wearing a new dress for your New Year’s Eve party. The cost of a party dress is not so special, though. The average UK household is still facing a tighter-than-usual budget leaving little room for cocktail dresses, but fortunately New Years clothing deals open the door to style on a budget. You might be surprised at some of the great money saving deals retailers are offering around the holidays to clear out inventory to make room for next season.
Your normal routine is probably something along the lines of browsing your favourite shops, dress boutiques and mall after mall in hopes of finding that one chic dress that will turn heads instantly. After several trips, your head is spinning from the outrageous prices leaving you to resort to last year’s dress. Chances are you found a couple dresses that were “perfect” besides the numbers on the price tag—if you could only find the dress before New Years at a price you can afford.
Online Discount Codes
Fortunately, you may be in luck with a little time spent online. Discount codes are a fantastic way to enjoy extra savings on some top brand clothing. Also known as voucher codes, these online coupons are really beginning to flood the online shopping industry as retailers are recognizing the need to reach a broader customer base and get traffic to their online store. Voucher codes are one key way stores accomplish this, resulting in huge savings for shoppers.
Do not give up on the few dresses you found in the stores. You may very well find the same dress (or a similar one) online at a discounted price. If you have a certain store in mind, discount codes are definitely worth looking into. At sites like www.123vouchercodes.co.uk you can browse lists of stores and companies offering discounts on their products, such as Marks and Spencer, Next, Laura Ashley and Kays.
Using a voucher code is simple. Sometimes you just need to click on their link after which you will be directed to their website. At checkout, the savings will be calculated automatically. You may also need to input the letter or number combination during the checkout process. This combination is the “code” similar to the barcode you would use for an in-store coupon. Besides the savings, a bonus about using a discount code is the ability to find a dress for your New Year celebrations without dealing with the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping.
Online Auction Sites and Discount Stores
Or, never underestimate the possibility of finding a dress on an online auction site like www.ebay.co.uk where shoppers regularly find top brand name clothing rather cheap. You may even find a new dress you could not find in stores—something unique.
Also be sure to check out online retail stores specializing in discount attire, such as www.BooHoo.com, www.MandMDirect.com and www.very.co.uk where you can find a huge selection of dresses, shoes, accessories and more at savings of up to 75%. You may be pleasantly surprised at the possibilities at these online and auction sites which may result in a New Year dress more fabulous than you could have imagined.
Borrow or Swap with a Friend
Finally, never overlook the possibility of borrowing a dress for New Years especially if you are going to a new place among new friends. Who will know the difference if you are wearing your friend’s dress from last year? It’s at least something to chat about with your friends—who knows, she may have thought of the same thing but was hesitant to bring it up. The more you save on your party attire, the more you will both have to spend during the actual celebration (or a pair of shoes to match!).
If you are a frugal shopper there is no doubt about the fact that good deals are sometimes hard to find in your local stores. Even the sales seem to have overpriced goods. If there is a sale all the good things seem to have gone by the time you get there. Besides it really is not much fun fighting the crowds for a few items at a sale.
Now the picture does not look so bleak. A whole new world for the shopper has opened up with plenty of deals for everyone. I am taking about online shopping. You can stay at home and just surf the cyber stores for sales and discount codes. There is usually a sale going on everyday at most cyber stores with plenty of voucher codes to be had. It is like a dream come true for the frugal shopper. You will not have to look far to find these money off codes. You just have to Google this key phrase and a lot of cyber stores will come up. Maybe this is the reason that 60% of online shoppers will be spending more this year but will still be doing it frugally.
5 advantages for shopping frugally online
- No long checkout lines: when you shop online there is no waiting in line and fighting crowds. One of the worst problems with shopping is waiting in line when it is time to check out. Your feet are aching from a hard days work and you keep on thinking of all the things you need to do when you get home. It just adds to the frustration when you have to join a long line of equally stressed out shoppers.
- Saves petrol: with the high cost of petrol this has now become quite an issue. When you shop online you do not have to get in your car and spend money on gas. This is a substantial saving. Plus you do not have to have the hassle of driving to several stores to get your purchases.
- Saves time: there is no doubt about the fact that online shopping is a great time saver. You can visit a number of stores in a matter of minutes. When you shop offline you have to drive to all those stores and you still may not find what you are looking for. The Internet gives you the chance to shop around for items and then find the best price in less time than it takes to get to one store offline.
- No stress: you can shop from the comfort of your home. Just you and your computer. No more hassling with crowds and fighting with other shoppers for bargains. It is all there at a click of your mouse. It is truly stress free shopping. This is especially true when you have to shop for the holidays.
- Wide selection: You can visit more stores and get a better selection with online shopping. You can browse at your leisure whenever you like, even if it is 2am in the morning. The cyber stores are open 24/7 and they do not run out of stock as quickly as the offline stores.
As you can see shopping via the Internet is really a blessing for the frugal shopper. What is there not to love about online shopping?
However even something as convenient as Internet shopping has its problems, as you can see. Here are some tips on how to be careful when shopping online.