Posts tagged cheap flights
Christmas is one of the worst times to travel. There are crowds of people and the airlines always put up the prices for the Christmas holidays. However there are ways that you can save and travel this holiday season for less.
9 ways to save on travel during the Christmas holidays:
- Package holidays: You can get great travel deals online at Expedia UK they offer nice package holidays at bargain prices. Choose where you want to go decide on your dates and just book on Expedia’s website. Payments are easy with your credit card. Package deals will save you a lot of money as you can get special rates on hotels and airfares when you combine them. You can also include a rental car with some packages.
- Cheap flights: If you are looking to visit relatives and loved ones you may only need a return flight. You can get good deals on flights at this site Kayak there are a wide variety of flights available. You can save even more money if you take a flight that has stops instead of a direct flight.
- Special travel deals: You can find special discounts at Lastminute.com they offer all sorts of specials on flights and hotels. They also arrange bookings for theatre tickets and spas at discount prices. This means that you can save on travel as well as other items when you go on your Christmas holidays.
- Book in advance: If you book at least 3 weeks in advance it will be much cheaper than booking closer to your holiday. Airlines encourage this as it is easier for them to book in advance and know how many passengers will be flying. Seating arrangements will be easier and you will be able to choose whether you want a window or aisle seat etc.
- Booking at the last minute: If you are a risk taker you can often save by booking at the last minute. The airlines sometimes have space due to cancellations and will be willing to sell you tickets at discount prices. You will save money but there is no guarantee that you will get a flight during the holiday season.
- Take weekend flights: when you fly on a weekend you can often get cheaper rates from the airlines. This is because many people do not like to travel on the week end. Commuters and business people will usually travel on the week days.
- Use travel promotion codes: Look online for travel promotion codes. These can save you quite a bit of money. You can get them for airfares, hotels, car rentals and more.
- Sky miles: many companies including credit cards will offer sky miles with their loyalty programs. When you purchase items you will earn a certain number of free miles on participating airlines. You can accumulate these and end up getting a free flight to your destination.
- Use a search engine: when you use Sky Scanner UK you can access a wide array of bargain travel sites and travel agents to find the best travel deals. This is a search engine that brings up many travel websites. When you find a good bargain you can then book directly through the associated travel agent or travel site.
- You can also go to your local travel agent and they will find you some good deals to help you plan your trip at the best price.
With these 9 tips you can travel this Christmas for less and still get to see your relatives and loved ones without breaking your budget. Although travel can be expensive there is no reason that you need to spend more money than you need to.
Many of you may have already heard about cheap £1 flights and probably wrote it off as some sort of sneaky new scheme planned out by airlines. However the truth behind this £1 deal is that it’s not a scam, as a matter of fact many people avail these £1 flights each year and save hundreds of £££ in the process. If you are a frequent flyer or need to visit relatives or go on a vacation once a year planning your trip so that you can benefit from £1 flight deals wouldn’t be such a bad idea.
In order to benefit from cheap £1 deals you need to be able to book your flight in advance. In all honesty, the earlier to book the better, sometimes months in advance. There are a few airlines famous for rock bottom flights prices. A few of them include EasyJet, Ryan Air, Aer Lingus and FlyBe.
We also recommend some ingenious ways of saving money on your international and national flights below. The thing for you to remember is that these £1, £8, and £10 deals only happen once or twice a year, although if you use some very cool online flight tools, you could bag some great deals. Since business travelers and other people looking to travel in a hurry are willing to pay as much as required to hitch a ride so the closer you book your flight to the time it’s about to take off the more expensive your seat will be and vice versa.
Money Saving Flight Checking Online Tools
When looking for cheap flights it seems as though whenever you find a deal it suddenly disappears, it’s like they don’t want you to get the deal and many people often feel scammed. In order to make things straight forward and simple we recommend that you use a flight checker tool which can be found on this website: Money Saving Expert Flight Checker Tool. The beauty of this tool is that it can search several budget airlines and present you with a list of really cheap flights. They of course all won’t be £1 deals when you do come across a £1 deal you can take a advantage of it right away. Take the plunge and book it, even if you have to work the logistics later, commit yourself to the flight. Its only £1 after all. Sometimes, you may even find FREE FLIGHTS.
If you are looking for routes and some inspiration check out Fly Cheapo. These guys have a complete list of all budget airlines in the UK, and their routes both old and new.
Another great tool we often like to direct our traffic to is Sky Scanner. Sky Scanner shows you trends for yearly flight price fluctuations according to in and off season flight offers.
We also endorse another tool that you will find extremely powerful for searching cheap flights called Kayak. Kayak user screen scraper technology. We don’t really don’t want to get into what screen scrapers are, but its worth a mention that screen scrapers go out to all major online flight checkers and picks up the deals to show to its own website visitors.
Budget airlines and in particular Ryan Air are well known for running promotions that include 1p or £1 flights in order to attract people to their airline. However before you opt for an offer like this make sure that you check the final sales price which includes taxes and other charges. Often times these can add up to around £20 – £30 one way. This still workout to be cheaper than taking a normal flight but it’s always a good idea to be well aware of them so that you can plan your budget accordingly.
Keep checking back to stay up to date with the latest travel and lifestyle trends. Also don’t forget to visit 123vouchercodes.co.uk to pick up your voucher codes prior to making any purchase online.