General Shopping Advice
Christmas and the holiday season is the busiest shopping time of the year. It is the time when retailers look to make their best sales and recuperate the losses they have usually incurred for the rest of the year. Consumers buy like there was no tomorrow and by the time the New Year comes they often face a mountain of debt.
The frugal Christmas shopper knows how to get all the Christmas gifts on their list and still stay in the black. What is their secret? Let us take a quick look at a Christmas checklist for frugal Christmas shopping.
- Be prepared: get your gift list ready and know exactly what you need to buy. This will prevent spontaneous buying, which will increase spending.
- Cash only: This is hard to do but very necessary. Do not use credit cards. If you do you will be tempted to buy things without taking into account the price. This is a sure way to create a mountain of credit card debt to pay off in the coming year.
- Be creative: think of unique Christmas gift ideas. When you buy presents try to make them unique and fitting for the person. It is not necessarily how much it costs but whether it is a worthwhile gift that your loved one will enjoy. Many unique gifts are not expensive but will be much appreciated.
- Sales: There are plenty of sales around the holiday season with chances to get cheap Christmas gifts. Just remember to keep an eye on the paper and TV ads.
- Save big on after Christmas sales: this m ay sound insane but many people save a lot on after Christmas sales. Prices are cut as much as 50% after Christmas because the retailers have a surplus of stock and want to sell it off rather than keeping it for a whole year. You can take advantage of these sales and keep the gifts in a safe place. It will save you time as well as money as you will have to do less shopping in the crowded stores at Christmas time.
- Do it yourself: if you enjoy arts and crafts, knitting and sewing etc. you can make some lovely gifts for people on your list. Making your own gifts will save you a lot of money and enable you to give unique presents to your loved ones.
- Baking: home baked gifts are always popular for many people on your list. This is one of the cheap Christmas gifts you can give but is greatly appreciated. You can look for recipes online or use some traditional family ones.
- Gift cards: rather than giving gifts that the recipient may not like you can always give them a gift card for their favourite shop. This will save you time and you can get gift cards to match your budget.
- Decorations and Christmas lights: when you buy these items always buy them directly after Christmas so that you will take advantage of the post Christmas sales. Decorations and other accessories are usually at least ½ off and can easily be stored until next Christmas. You will save a lot of money by doing this.
- Christmas cards: You can buy these at the January sales and usually save 50% off the regular price. When you make your own you will save even more and delight your loved ones with unique Christmas cards.
Shopping for gifts can be a costly endeavor. This holds true for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries or other special occasions—it’s all the same money being spent just for a different reason. How would you like to be able to save money each and every time you need to purchase a gift? It is possible thanks to the increasing availability of voucher codes retailers are offering today. For those unfamiliar with this concept, let me give a brief synopsis so we can move onto some great gift ideas you can get using them.
Voucher codes are really just online coupons you can use to shop online. They may also be referred to as discount codes or money off codes. Retailers promote their products, sales, specials and promotions in a variety of methods with voucher codes being one of them. Rather than the shopper bringing in a printed coupon, they are able to simply input a set of number, letters or a combination (the “code”) of both during the checkout process at the retailer’s online store. The discount is calculated automatically, your final cost reduced and checkout continuing as normal. The best part is you saved bundles without ever leaving your home. The selection of products, gifts and gadgets is seemingly endless—another benefit to using voucher codes to find what you need at a discount price.
Here are 5 great gift ideas you could easily find with voucher codes.
When you aren’t sure what to gift to someone, the classic edible collage of chocolates, edible arrangement or gift certificates are all favorite picks. Fortunately, there are many voucher codes online for retailers offering some fantastic gifts of this sort. You could try Majestic Wine, HamperGifts gift baskets or Green and Blacks organic chocolates among many others.
Gifts #2 – Books
Books are another popular gift perhaps because of the wide selection of tastes, interests and topics available. You can certainly find something of interest to anyone. Voucher codes can save you money on books as well, including retailers such as Waterstones and Borders.
Voucher codes are certainly not in short supply when it comes to electronics offering discounts for stores including Amazon UK, Argos, Play.com and Sharp, to name a few. The holidays are a particularly popular time for gifting electronics which are known to enjoy huge holiday promotions, but the savings are here all year around when you know where to find them. A great place to start would be the Electrical Goods, Department Stores and Home categories.
Gifts #4 – CDs, Music & Movies
Most have received music or a movie for a gift at some point in their life. That’s because these are two of the more popular ideas when it comes to gifts. With that in mind, you will be glad to learn that you can save on these items also – Amazon being the most common since turning into the “go-to” place to shop online for CDs or DVDs – but many other online retailers offer discount codes for these items as well.
Of course, we cannot talk about gifts without mentioning jewelry which can actually be a rather expensive gift. Fortunately, voucher codes are readily available for jewelry purchases making this beautiful and appreciated gift less of a hit on the pocketbook. Be sure to check out the codes available before making the big purchase – the savings will be worth the time.
UK shoppers can find voucher codes for any of these great gift ideas, along with many other products and stores, easily online. Fortunately, the Jewellry & Watches category makes finding these savings easier than ever.
Everyone likes to look good and be in the height of fashion with beautiful watches and sunglasses. However not all of us can afford to pay those designer prices. This is where replicas come in. They make style affordable for the common man, or woman. Finding replica fashion accessories is easy. You can just search online and many websites will come up.
One of the most popular fashion accessories are watches. They are so good that at first glance people will not really think that you are wearing a replica instead of the real thing. One of the most popular fashion watches is the Swiss watch.
When shopping online it is hard to know if you are really getting a quality product. Here are some tips for buying high quality replica watches.
- Check the description carefully.
- Check the price: if it is too cheap it is probably a Chinese or Japanese replica and will not be of such high quality. In some ways you will get what you pay for.
- Does it have a chronograph? A genuine replica will have a chronograph complete with sub dials. It will have a sapphire crystal as opposed to a mineral one.
Another popular item is sunglasses. There are countless replica sunglasses available. These are a real fashion statement, especially those that the celebrities wear. However there is a limit to the amount that most of us want to pay. Good replica ones will still look stylish without costing a huge amount of money. One way to get quality replica sunglasses is to buy them wholesale. If you do this you should bear some points in mind.
- Make sure you buy from a reliable dealer. You can find many dealers websites online. Check the product description and price very carefully. Again if it is too cheap it means that it may not be good quality. A good dealer will offer a variety of styles
- Look for special sales and discounts. You can get good bargains and still enjoy a quality product.
- Check the style carefully. You do not want to wear a pair of sunglasses that do not suit you.
- Do they offer UV protection? Genuine replica sunglasses will offer a certain amount of UV protection.
Handbags are also popular. Women are very fond of purses especially designer ones. However the designer ones are usually well out of the average person’s price range. You can still get some great looking replica hand bags. Here are some tips to help you.
- Be aware of the price. If you try to save too much money you will end up with a poor quality product. Try to judge the quality partly by its price. If you pay less you may be getting a substandard product.
- Be sure the store is reputable: good class stores will deal only in quality products. You can tell if a retailer has a good reputation by the way they treat their customers. You can also tell by the way the store looks and the products it sells.
- Be sure to check out the details: good quality replica bags will have good workmanship and design.
As you can see you do not have to spend a lot of money to be in fashion. Replica fashion accessories look just as good as designer ones but do not carry that heavy price tag. So make yourself stylish without making a hole in your pocket book by buying quality replica fashion accessories.